3.2.13

The Great Door...

These are some close ups of pieces of glass that are Dart inspired.

Just finished reading 'The Wild Places' by Robert Macfarlane. What a great book, I read the last chapter slowly, didn't want to finish it! If you ever long for a reconnect with nature, the wild... Or just love reading about trees or the beach or birds.... This is the book for you.

It made me think about why I want to be in quiet places. What is it about solitude and the earth itself that is restorative? Where does it take me? Who am I connecting with? Where does the 'great door' lead?

'As you sit on the hillside, or lie prone under the leaves of the forest, or sprawl by a mountain stream, the great door, that does not look like a door, opens...' (Stephen Graham, quoted by Robert Macfarlane)

Part of the out working of being in beautiful places where nature still has the upper hand, is the work... A small thing.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. what a great book it is! see my post about it here... http://www.markboltonphotography.co.uk/the-wild-places-east-prawle/

    your website looks amazing now! m

    ReplyDelete