26.1.13

Further Afield.

We took a few hours today to venture a bit further afield...
Up on to the Mendips where there was a bit of snow left in the fields.
The colours were very pale and muted apart from the strong outlines of the trees.

I have a project in mind for the year ahead...to make a collection of pictures called 'Further Afield'. There are some beautiful landscapes around Bristol that I want to explore, places that are accessible within an hour or so, places that I might overlook in favour of more obvious destinations.

Places like this stretch of long narrow road to Priddy. We saw a few sledgers on the top of the Mendips but apart from that it was empty and silent. Almost secret.

I think it would be stunning here in the summer. I'll come back I think.

In the meantime I'll be inspired by these to paint first on to canvas, then on to glass.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment